Leaving a job, whether by choice or due to an involuntary lay-off or shut-down, may mean a change in your current and ongoing personal and financial situation. Your advisor can help with strategies and advice for balancing your priorities, goals and obligations. Take this opportunity to consider these factors and ask your advisor the following questions:
- Should I be seeking legal advice?
- What payments am I entitled to from my former employer and how can those payments be received?
- Am I entitled to receive Employment Insurance (EI)?
- What happens to my Group RRSP?
- What happens to my company pension?
- What happens to my group health and insurance benefits?
- What happens to my company stock options?
- Will I need to reconsider my investment plan?